Vampire Romance Books Forum » Author's Corner » My Muse is Toying with Me!!!!

My Muse is Toying with Me!!!!

Page: 1

Author Post
ELDER
Okay, so out of the blue a few weeks ago I started writing, a book. Not writing a little, like I wrote 4500 words in one day, skipped a day and wrote an entire first chapter, about the same word count the next. Then I had my daughter home for Spring Break, then got REALLY sick, unable to get out of bed or focus on print sick. Today is the first day I can really look at a PC, book or write.

So, here's the thing--I WAS going to write a Romantic Suspense. I went to bed early last night so I could think about the book, let it play in my head, and my muse hijacked the story. She decided she wants to add in another strong male character, a best friend, his backstory, she wants the heroine to have a "ghost" familiar, as well as said best friend, and other paranormal aspects that I was not planning on. If I follow this line, it leads into well, very paranormal waters, lots of research, and more than one book, easy.

I also have to try to add these aspects in a new way, ghost, pretty easy, underlying aspects NOT. I think she is doing this so as to have the antagonist be the thing that scares me the most. It does also play in to a large part of the female and male lead's education too. So, it sort of fits.

No vamps, no shifters, she wants ghosts that started as imaginary friends and then stuck around and the characters figured out they were ghosts, heck it's New Orleans, most everything is haunted. Then she wants MORE on top of that. HUGE reveal at the end, something that ties the two friends together, a reason for the ghosts, and HOW do I do that without making it cliched, I have NO FREAKING clue. The largest puzzle piece I don't have. WHY? For what purpose? She's hiding it from me, and it has to be good, creative and really really something new. Hell, I may just go simplicity and evolutionary on it. Even then, there has to be a why? DAMN! As you can see I am frustrated. Right now I am going to write two manuscripts, one straight, one paranormal.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
http://www.shelfari.com/o1518098583
Elder
See what happens when you listen to the voices in your head? Lol go you!
I compromised. I am writing 3 chapters my way, then copying, pasting and editing it her way. Sending both to my reading circle... Whomever that may be, so far I have one volunteer, one friend I had to con, one person I will bully into it, and an author I can probably get to read it, since he ran a scene by me yesterday. Ze problem. My kids won't let me write. My two year old is making a bed on the floor, in between fits of being, well, TWO. My daughter is slowly starting to understand that the world doesn't revolve around her and my husband is on a 9 mile run right now. Plus we have a birthday party today. He asked if I could write when the kids were asleep. I was thinking "Sure, if you never want to see me again." Sigh. Well, they go to school tomorrow. I swear, I am taking a video on my cell of my son's next tantrum to show to my psychiatrist so he can either laugh at me or Rx me stronger meds. Last week I thought he was possessed then realized he was cutting all 4 of his 3 year old molars early and at the same time. Granted instead of telling us he hurt, he just acted like a demon, but after figuring it out, and convincing him to tell us when he hurts or is upset rather than throwing a fit or hitting. Things have gotten better.
Hope I can get pages today. Dear God, please grant me the patience to not go completely bug nuts before my children leave for college or teach them too much profanity.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
Elder
LOL *pats Fae on the back* perhaps when the kids are asleep lusty can make you a hurricane... I hear she is really good at it! I do not envy you, or your little boy for that matter.. nothing worse than a toothache :(
Did someone say hurricaine? :mrgreen:

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
ELDER
*sigh of relief* Back from 2 hour birthday party at a farm and I get a break. Though, I'd love a hurricane. Time to write. *cracks knuckles*

FaeStruck's Shelfari

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Author's Corner » My Muse is Toying with Me!!!!