Vampire Romance Books Forum » Twilight » why is every one so obsesed with twilight?

why is every one so obsesed with twilight?

Page: 1 2 >

Author Post
i realy want to know why?

i mean...its ok, but i just don't get it.

plot? character complexity? origionality?
where is it?

don't get all mad at me twight fans.....i'm just curious
ELDER
Kittie, I'm right there with you! You will find there are a few on here whom would agree with you!

User posted image User posted image

Just finished reading: Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn
Currently Reading: Renegade Hunter-Lynsay Sands
ELDER
twilight was recommended to me by my sister who was 16 at that time. maybe it was such a big hit bcoz of the idea of having a vmpire for a classmate. I honestly don't know. I'm 23 when i read it(NO way near high school) I actually didn't pick it up until july last year before the release of the 4rth book. It was actually good for daydreaming. but i really detest First person writing. it does not give the other characters POV and i find it lacking. Of course twilight is incomparable to my fav BDB. (I should stop comparing anthing with BDB =)
no worries about being mad at by twilight lovers here. what ever floats your boat we respect it fully. Some books are just not made for everyone and we respect that here.

Also i think twilight leads a lot of vampire lovers to the whole Paranoral World. It's like an intoduction to this genre. For a young adult, there's a lot of scenes there that may appeal to them that does not appeal to us. For me it's just an OK.
Okey, I really hate twighlight!

it's not orginal ( remember -vampire diaries") , also I couldn't stand any of the characters especially bella she drove me nuts, her only goal was to be with edward, to me it felt most girls are not like that in highschool or are they? However , I have friends that loved it, I guess it depends on the person !

Oh ,did I mention how much I hate the bella in the movie ( that girl shows off more attitude , than what was potrayed in the book). I personally think Kristin Cast's (house of night series) or Richelle Meads ( Vampire Academy) is A MUCCCCH BETTER series !!!
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
Everyone knows how I feel about Twilight so you'll get no flack from me. lol
Where's ILEC? She'll tell you exactly what is so wonderful about Twilight.
I think it's a great series for first time readers of the genre. It has brought tons of people here, so I can't complain. I know a lot of the people here are Twilight converts.
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
Well i read the series and the first 2 books where.....well i like to call the "i had nothing else to read" books. my bf raven HATES twilight so much......no joke she has a web site. any way

i started out with Anita Blake and so far nothing comes close. and i had some one tell me twilight was just like anita blake only with sex.....

i nearly got kicked out of barns n' nobles.lol

any way, i just want to know the appeal.

if you think about it. bella is a no body in any sence. most girls have at least some degree of personality in high school...i hope. Edward has characteristics of a potentially abusive bf (every teen girls dream...whatev!) and all the other characters are so.....blah. except jacob, out of all the ppl in the books, he has the highest degree of brain copasity. its just an ok-ish series. no personality, no real plot, no character individuality. whats the point? a waist of poor trees if you ask me. :roll:
I agree with what ashandra said "Twilight leads a lot of vampire lovers to the whole paranormal world"....Twilight is what got me interested.
ELDER
Kittie wrote
i started out with Anita Blake and so far nothing comes close. and i had some one tell me twilight was just like anita blake only with sex.....

i nearly got kicked out of barns n' nobles.lol

LMAO I probably would have wanted to brawl too, cuz Anita would eat The Cullens for breakfast! There is absolutely NO comparison.

User posted image User posted image

Just finished reading: Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn
Currently Reading: Renegade Hunter-Lynsay Sands
i'm in much agreeance!

if the vamps from Anita's world..or any other vamp novel...met the cullens...they would be all "sparkly? WFT?...oh well...i bet they bleed normal" and then Jean_claude and the others would tear them limb from limb.

even jean claude would say, "ok i'm gay and even sparkles are to much for me" LOL

thats a joke guys....don't bite my head off. i'm not homo-phobic....quite the opposite actually.

any way.............................

i am getting realy annoyed with all these tinny boppers keep raving about.
Okay I can only speak for myself, but I am a Twilight fan and I'd love to tell you why. First let me explain how I even started reading them. I have a 12 year old that while being an excellent student hasn't found "that book" that sets her off into a lifetime of reading enjoyment. I am an avid reader and I'm trying to share that with my kids. The Twilight series was recommended to me as the perfect books for her. Having never heard anything about them I decided to check them out first to see if they were appropriate. I was hooked from the first chapter for a very simple reason; it was easy! You don't have to imagine anything in these books, it's all spelled out for you; from the detailed descriptions of the characters, both physically and personality wise to the locations and environments. As opposed to the type of fiction I generally read, which requires a lot of thought and independent visualization. These books did that all for me and I could sit back and enjoy. I had never read any vampire books before them so I had nothing to compare them to and nothing to question. As I kept reading each book I found that they took me back to a time in my youth; to my first love, my first heartbreak, back to a time when all that mattered was the object of my affection. Not a mortgage, car payment, lousy economy- all the "grown up" things I have to deal with every day! I loved these books so much that I started reading others. Now that I've read the BDB series I can discriminate more, but if it wasn't for Twilight I never would have even known this genre existed. So don't be so quick to judge Twilight. Thanks to converts like me the authors you love so much will be even more successful and will be able to continue the stories you love so much. Like I said, just my opinion, but there you have it...
and i am thankful for converts like your self and many others on the site. but i just don't see the appeal

maybe its because i started out with a much hevyer series. i compare alot of my vamp literature to the Anita Blake series. i started the twilight series while i was in high school, but still found it juvinial. that could be in part to my life style i was forced into (the oposite of shelterd and being loved). i grew up so fast, there fore my literature was that of a much more mature audiance. that could be just one theory.

idk?

all i know is, it wasn't for me. one of my fav quotes is "put your big girl panties on and deal with it".....i guess when you have big girl lacie panties...you don't go back to cotton. lol
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
Very well said nlsmom. While I'm not a huge fan, I can see what you're saying. I have always said that while I wasn't into the series, Meyer writes emotion like no one else I've ever read. Like you said, you don't have to think about anything in the series. It's all described so vividly.
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
ELITE ELDER WIELDER OF WICKEDNESS
OOOO!! I'm here!! thanks for the heads up, VKD.

nlsmom, you said it beautifully...

I agree, this series was the first for me and my vampire obsession. Since finding Twilight, I have become a vamp junkie, or rather a paranormal junkie.

Stephenie Meyer writes with such an easy style, and makes you think back to what it was like as a teenager in love. I remember what it was like to be obsessed with a boy, don't you?? and the sun rose and set on him...those are great feelings to remember (although they weren't fun to live).
and this is a FANTASY series--Edward is the perfect fantasy man (to alot of girls and women in general). He's protective and aggressive, soft with Bella, but hard to the world...she's the only one who can really see him (and now us, since we are reading the books in her POV).

I love them also b/c of Jacob. He's the comedy relief, and I love SM's sense of humor. if I could write, it would be in the manner of Jacob's sarcastic humor. I get a kick out of it! How could you NOT?

If it weren't for Twilight, and Stehpenie Meyer, I wouldn't have discovered a whole genre of novels, or this community. It opened my world to so many new authors...and it's still my top favorite. There is no comparison to any of the adult series that we all love (BDB, Anita, etc). Twilight is it's own category.

Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.

www.shelfari.com/ilovevampires
User posted image
I've actually thought that the books Stephenie Meyer recently released were somewhat like the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schreiber. It might just be me. Don't get me wrong I adored the series. It just seems it was already something I've read. Anyways, I originally fell in love with Anne Rice. That's how I started. =)
Location: Fear my wrath for I am the one annointed Twatty McBitchiness
Exactly nlsmom, you nailed it. I'm 35 years old and read like a woman possessed. Twilight was not my first vamp read, I've been reading this genre for years so it wasn't a case of this book brought me over so I'm loyal to it. I just loved the simplicity of it, when you read almost a book a day for years having to just be able to sit back and let the author describe everything is great. The way she made the book come to life was great and I think a true testament to an authors ability to write. Ok, my Twilight rant is done, lol.
put me in the series was great, it was like being there
ELITE ELDER Res. Ent. Dir.
Location: Fear my wrath for I am the one annointed Twatty McBitchiness
whoops, was posting on another site, lol. Never mind the last sentence it was meant for another conversation
nlsmom you said it perfectly. I absolutly loved the Twilight series. At first I had no interest in reading about vampires. I honestly thought that a book about vampires sounded stupid. But of course I was wrong. Now I'm completely addicted. I just can't say anything bad about the Twilight series. These books took me out of the real world and into a new and exciting place. Had I not been introduced to Twilight, I would have never found my way here nor would I have been introduced to all of these delightful novels. Before Twilight I didn't even know this genre existed. Twilight brought me over to this genre. So I have to give my thanks to Stephanie Meyer for writing such a simple and powerful series. I should also give thanks to all of you avid readers for all of the wonderful recommendations!
« Last edit by jamie on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:11 am. »
ELDER
Twilight brought the majority of us to VRB and to Shelfari...Like I have said many times, I have went on to find better "big girl" stuff to read...but Twilight got me started.

I Love Sparkles and Bling!!!

My Shelfari:
http://www.shelfari.com/tamaraoftroy

User posted image
I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've read all of the books twice and fixing to read a 3rd time. wish the author would continue series.

not all books will make everyone happy. people have different tastes . but i really enjoyed it and so did alot of other ppl.

**jessica**
ELDER
Twilight is what got me hooked on Vamps also. I read them on a few months ago because of the media attention that the series and movie was receiving. I know that people were addicting to them when they first came out.. because I was still working at Barnes and Noble at that time.. but I really think that seeing Edward Cullen in person really sparked it for a lot of girls and women. Including myself okay! haha I liked how Meyer was so vivid in her details like stated earlier. I was disappointed that they didn't get more into the Honeymoon BUT then i remembered that Twilight is directed toward young adults.. so then I read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, got my detailed love scenes, and moved Twilight to number 2 of my favorite books series :) the end.

User posted image
well. i just don't see the appeal. it was so hard for me to stay into it. the firts 2 where ok...but after that...it took me forever to finnish...because, well...they were not exciting enoff. i ended up reading another series in the middle of breaking dawn. i just needed a break from all that...NONSECNE. so i read the sazi series by ct adams and cathy clamp. but i had to finnish breaking dawn so i could finnish the promised book report.

it had no real plot to me. just bella living her newly wierd life with some action thrown in here and there.

i LOVE nooks that i just can't put down. such as the Anita blake series. and many others. lol

i'm just saying....i have read MUCH MUCH more exciting and captivating novels.

twilight just doesn't do it for me.

i'm glad it brought so many ppl over to the scene...but hopefully, they will find way better reads. and way better authors.

i say that alll with love! :mrgreen:
I agree the twilight series brought a lot of none readers to readers, a lot of peolpe
starts to be into the paranormal read because of the twilight series, I enjoyed the series
when i first red them, the movie didn't enjoy so much,

http://www.shelfari.com/immortalbeloved
http://www.fictionpress.com/~moonlightrouge
http://www.myspace.com/wisegal13

immortal reading Dead as a doornail by Charline Harris
currently reading Lover Avenge by J.R. WARD. :twisted:[color=red][/co[/color=red]
ELITE ELDER
Will Ferrell is really broken up over Kristen cheating on Rob. "She's a Trampire!"
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-will-ferrell-kristen-stewart-robert-pattinson-20120803,0,6876427.story

User posted image
« Last edit by Lightheaded on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm. »
ELDER
Lmao. Yes I like twilight, but that's just funny... *sorry Queenie...I just can't resist those sparkly skin... I mean eyes....*

Currently Reading:
Immortals AFter Dark!! :twisted:

Next Up:No Clue yet!!

Love the brothers!!!

User posted image
Elder
That was funny trampire hahahah poor RPATS!

Page: 1 2 >

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Twilight » why is every one so obsesed with twilight?