Vampire Romance Books Forum » Sherrilyn Kenyon » Slightly Confused - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Slightly Confused - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi all.
I am a recent convert to this genre - started with Twilight (but was very aware that it was aimed at teens), then went on to Kresley Cole and now Gena Showalter. Been seeing lots of recommendations for Sherrilyn Kenyon's novels. Are they in the same vein (pardon the pun) as Cole and Showalter? Also, where do I start as Amazon has a seemingly endless list of books by her!
Thanks for your help!! :D
ELDER
I actually just started reading Sherrilyn Kenyon and I actually like her Dark Hunter series, the first one is Fantasy Lover, and all the rest of the order can be found here: http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter/readingorder.htm Hope this helps!!

User posted image User posted image

Just finished reading: Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn
Currently Reading: Renegade Hunter-Lynsay Sands
ELDER
Sherrilyn was my first Vampie Romance. And i religiously read it in order all the in between novels of were-hunter.But i love the dark hunters the best of her books. Acheron is my fav and he has a special place on my heart..lol sounds cheesy.
Tell us what you think about her once you've finished. :)
Sherrilyn's DH series is one of my absolute favorites! I think that series and the Carpathian series are better than....get ready for it.... the BDB *gasp*. That's right, I said it. They are a definite read. It does help to read them in order, though I don't know any different because I read all books in order. The first book is Fantasy Lover, which is actually different than all of the other books. If you're like me, though the first was very good, don't think all of them will be along the same lines. The vamp stuff comes in after the first book. I have read Kresley Cole's series, and I know everyone raves about it, but it isn't one of my favorites. It's okay, but forgettable. I don't know what Showalter series you have read, but if it's the Lords series, then OH YEAH! The DH series is up there with the Lords. If you haven't read the Lords series, you really should. It is HOT. I haven't read her Atlantis series, but they are on the shelf waiting for me. Let us know how you like the DH series. OH - and if you haven't read the Carpathian series, check it out. It's by Christine Feehan. That's tied with the DH series for me, putting my beloved BDB alphas in second. I know, its a tragedy.
My shelfari: www.shelfari.com/samanthak

Alpha males beware - I bite hard! :twisted:
ELDER Naamah of the Elites
I don't think tragedy is the correct word...

User posted image
Location: Somewhere reading a Paranormal/Erotic Romance Novel
I actually started reading Acheron first and then I worked my way to Book One Fantasy Lover and worked my way down(no pun intended). Night Play is my favorite (Vane Kattalakis) Oh My God!!!
Location: Fear my wrath for I am the one annointed Twatty McBitchiness
Ok I have to be honest, I'm not ahuge fan of Kenyon's work, way to out there for me, while there is romance in the book I find it more fantasy driven then anything but some ladies on here love it so give it a whirl. Everyone has their own opinions but for the best bang for the buck, I'd try BDB
ELDER
I read the Dark Hunter series first after reading Twilight and loved them....then I met the brothers from Black Dagger Brotherhood....totally favorite series ever. I liked the Dark Hunter series and if you want a complete list in order then here is the link to her website. Read only the ones underlined. Not the others in between. Fantasy Lover is first, but don't let it discourage you from reading the others. It is not Dark Hunter material, but leads into the actual series.

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter/readingorder.htm

b]"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire. :twisted: Quote from Angelia Jolie

http://www.shelfari.com/o1517886831

User posted image
ELDER
Diane wrote
Ok I have to be honest, I'm not ahuge fan of Kenyon's work, way to out there for me, while there is romance in the book I find it more fantasy driven then anything but some ladies on here love it so give it a whirl. Everyone has their own opinions but for the best bang for the buck, I'd try BDB

I have to agree, don't get me wrong Ive enjoyed them, it's just I can always see what's coming, it's almost too perfect. I loved Night Play, but again, I knew everything that was going to happen, and the endings are more perfect in nature then L. Sands Argeaneu series. I just finished Acheron, and yes I love him, but the books are too predictable. I need a little more action and less feeling sorry for the male character. Personally I would have kicked Artemis's ass a looonnnngggg time ago. lol!

User posted image User posted image

Just finished reading: Demon Mistress by Yasmine Galenorn
Currently Reading: Renegade Hunter-Lynsay Sands
Okey I read kenyon when I was reading bdb... and I really got into the series.. I have read all the books. I am obsessed with her books more than bdb or anything! OMG Were-hunters.. is anyone excited for Fang's story like me??????I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!I can't wait till august !!!
ELDER
mimi wrote
Okey I read kenyon when I was reading bdb... and I really got into the series.. I have read all the books. I am obsessed with her books more than bdb or anything! OMG Were-hunters.. is anyone excited for Fang's story like me??????I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!I can't wait till august !!!

Better than anything? Have you read Night Huntress or Midnight Breed Series?

I Love Sparkles and Bling!!!

My Shelfari:
http://www.shelfari.com/tamaraoftroy

User posted image
read those already,but I find kenyon the best, omg savitar , I lovvvvvvvve him :)
« Last edit by mimi on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm. »
ELDER
OMG Mimi, I never would have thought that anyone would have thought about Savitar that way. Is it the power that nobody seems to want to test or what? I am curious to know.

b]"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire. :twisted: Quote from Angelia Jolie

User posted image
Firstly..

He's so chilled out,(remember the beach scene in acheron's book) plus the power...
I don't know about you but I like a guy who's cool as ice plus so powerful :)
I swear I cannot wait for his book!!!! I really hope he gets a deserving girl!!
ELDER
Who is that Mimi? He is hot and has a wonderful edge to him. He would be good to add to my pet collection.

User posted image
ummm I got him from photobucket.com.. I don't know who he is..but he's sooo hawt :)
ELDER
I know that. I found him and put him in the vamp hotties section. I have put myself in charge of finding hot men and posting them for the ladies here....hince the name Priestess of Pets...lol

User posted image
I am new on this site, & so far I have found many new book I like. I do have to say I started reading Sherrilyn Kenyons DH novel in march & I absolutley love them. I have finished all & so far out of all Ash's book is one of my fav, along with Kyrian's. I normal read one of her book in a day or two, but it took me 1 week to read Ashes that book really made me want to reach out & take him & tell him no one ever hurt him again. Then in the middle of the night I started laughing at that statment I just made, cause I am 4"11 while he is 6"8 I woke my husband up shaking hte bed I was laughing & crying so hard. but over all her books are the best.
i agree I like the mystery surronding him, he is umm can't think of a good enought word
Priestess of Pets wrote
OMG Mimi, I never would have thought that anyone would have thought about Savitar that way. Is it the power that nobody seems to want to test or what? I am curious to know.
I absolutely love Kenyon. I am finding it hard to get into any other series as my mind is in the dark hunter realm lol. I pretty much liked all the books in the series except for Upon the midnight clear which I think was a bit of a pointless story. Dark hunters are my faves followed by the Katagari and ARcadians and the slightly confusing Dream hunters last. Would love to see this as a movie would be awesome but somehow I dont think you could really do the story justice. My fav is Zarek and Astrid but I love all the couples. Wren and Vane are awesome too, wow hot guys with loads of cash and great in bed??? What else could you want

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Sherrilyn Kenyon » Slightly Confused - Sherrilyn Kenyon