Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Gothic goodies.

Gothic goodies.

Page: 1

Author Post
ELITE ELDER
I really enjoy a creepy Gothic romance and mystery. Hopefully with a ghost or two. I've long been a fan of the Bizenghast manga series, and my recent reading of the outstanding Graveyard Queen series has scratched my itch to add other Gothic reads. So what are your favorites and recommendations?

User posted image
ELITE ELDER Queen's Lead Reviewer
LH, I've never heard of Bizenghast Manga Series. Can u tell us a little about it? I read a book for review. Memoirs of a Gothic Soul by Rebekah Armusik. I really enjoyed it.

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
« Last edit by Lust for Pain on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:34 pm. »
ELITE ELDER
Will check it out, thanks Lustie.

Bizenghast is a graphic novel series. It's set in the haunted New England town of Bizenghast; the story is about a teen girl named Dinah and her friend Vincent. They stumble across an ancient mausoleum and after Dinah reads aloud from a plaque, she discovers that her name is written on a contract which binds her to return to the mausoleum every night to free the ghosts. If she succeeds, she will win her freedom and a reward. If she fails, she will die and stay in the mausoleum as a corpse. Freeing the ghosts - each ghost has created its own little world, and Dinah has to enter that world and figure out what's going on and defeat the ghost. Dinah does have some otherworldly helpers and a very unique sense of fashion. The series is very dark.

User posted image
« Last edit by Lightheaded on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 am. »
ELITE ELDER Queen's Lead Reviewer
That sounds interesting, and like it would offer something a little different! I will have to put it on the TBR. Thanks LH!

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Gothic goodies.