Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Erotic Scenes In Paranormal Romance Books...?

Erotic Scenes In Paranormal Romance Books...?

Page: 1

Author Post
Are you for or against them? And how graphic do you think they be? I initially opted to not have any detailed sex scenes in my book Vampiric, but I've just done an edit and included the scenes I had left out in the final edit. I'm going to republish it on Amazon tomorrow, I guess with a 'warning' or sexually explicit scenes.

So, do you prefer when these types of scenes are in the stories you read or not? Any views on the matter are welcome. :)

Get free vampire romance ebooks, samples, news, and more as a free member. Enjoy. :mrgreen:
ELITE ELDER Queen's Lead Reviewer
We love erotic scenes! :mrgreen: LMAO Just read some of our posts, we are a naughty bunch!

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
ELITE ELDER WIELDER OF WICKEDNESS
*smacks LustforPain on the ass* speak for yourself, naughty wench.

Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.

www.shelfari.com/ilovevampires
User posted image
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
I much prefer to have good steamy sex scenes in all my books whether they are paranormal or not. I think they can be very graphic as long as the other content is strong also. I don't like reading a book where the author has taken a lot of time on the sex scenes and then just filled in the rest of the book with a little story.

I have not read the version you gave me access to a couple days ago. Will the new version be on your site when I read it or will it still be the original version?
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
ELDER
I'm with VKD on this one. I don't like the whole entire book being about sex and the rest of it considered a filler. I like a well thought out storyline, likeable characters, to see the romance progress and I think a good love scene shows how the characters feel about each other.
*yells across the room* Lusty you can speak for me on this one!.... I love a steamy scene! Just as Vkd says it has to go with the story and it cant be a book purely about sex, but when you get a great storyline coupled with some amazing sex scenes it makes for a fantastic book!
*rubs sore ass* Agreed love!

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
ELDER
loveronfire wrote
*yells across the room* Lusty you can speak for me on this one!.... I love a steamy scene! Just as Vkd says it has to go with the story and it cant be a book purely about sex, but when you get a great storyline coupled with some amazing sex scenes it makes for a fantastic book!

Damn straight :) A great story makes it all worth-Hey! Who just slapped my ass?
*turns the lights of and runs around smacking random booties with Lusty*
Can't agree more with the other ladies

*runs from the room* don't like all that smacking around!

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/qcavaliers
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/qcavaliers

Ladies, let me put this straight.. From now on, BONES is MINE! So stay away! Or deal with the consequences! :twisted:

User posted image
I agree with the ladies!
I love a steamy sex scene but it has to integrated in the story...and I really really like a good build up to it.

I don't really like it when they jump on each other on page 3 :?
Location: Having some playtime in the centaur pen,then after that it's off to the merman tank ;)
Sex,sex and more SEX!
Agreed, I hate a book which is just one sex scene afte another with no purpose but love a steamy scene, I also dislike hen an author tries to put in a sex cent but it's just flat and u wonder why they felt the need to include it. I am not sure how anyone could dislike some scenes though *cough* V *cough*
I do enjoy spicy reads, but I think it has to have emotional depth to it and not just be about the sex. The sex has to have meaning for the couple, and change the dynamic of their relationship. I am definitely a fan of romance :)
Elder
kimberleyanddarren wrote
I am not sure how anyone could dislike some scenes though *cough* V *cough*

Anyone who doesn't like the "V" scene should be whipped! :twisted:
Thanks guys, you've definitely made me think I've done the right thing including the additional scenes. Don't think I'll shy away from them again in future. :mrgreen:

VampKissedDreams wrote
I have not read the version you gave me access to a couple days ago. Will the new version be on your site when I read it or will it still be the original version?

The new version is added now ;)

Get free vampire romance ebooks, samples, news, and more as a free member. Enjoy. :mrgreen:
ELDER
Yes yes have to agree with the bunch, but also have to build up the sex scenes for me...you can't just put it in, there has to be fore play and a little roughness :)....grins while putting three bottles of soap in the sink to fill the room with bubbles and unleashes all of our caged men! MUAHAHAHAHA
ELITE ELDER
all i saw reading this post was.,, ass, booty,sex, whipped and V's scene
ELITE ELDER WIELDER OF WICKEDNESS
God, X. I am so glad you're back.

Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.

www.shelfari.com/ilovevampires
User posted image
ELITE ELDER Res. Ent. Dir.
Location: Fear my wrath for I am the one annointed Twatty McBitchiness
In my humble opinion a book must have sex scenes otherwise its just a YA read, and VKD spoiled me for any nice normal reads. The dirtier the better, preferably with a little bondage.

User posted image
ILEC, put em next to the ball gags and body latex.

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Erotic Scenes In Paranormal Romance Books...?