Vampire Romance Books Forum » Sherrilyn Kenyon » LOVE the Dark Hunter Series *SPOILER ALERT*

LOVE the Dark Hunter Series *SPOILER ALERT*

Page: 1 2 >

Author Post
ELDER
**I WILL GUSH SO SPOILER ALERT TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ**

So, I started this series a couple of weeks ago. At the recommendations of you lovely ladies, I went ahead and bought the first 6 books. I am SO GLAD that I did. Let's just say that yesterday, Nancy bought the rest of the series! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. I think it's my new second favorite series! The mythology, love it! The depth of the characters, love it! It's just great. For someone with a Philosophy minor who took Classics classes, it's right up my alley. It's got everything -- Vampires, Demons, Weres, Magic, Gods and Goddesses. I fucking LOVE it!

Can you tell I love it?

I even loved the first one, Fantasy Lover, but I am ALL into Greek Mythology. I didn't see how it had to do with the Dark Hunters, but I was going by her websites Reading Order. =) I've read up to Valerius and Tabitha's story -- Seize the Night. Sins of the Night is next. That and the next 7 should be in a few days from now. BTW, Amazon is having a buy 3 paperbacks get the 4th free sale! :D

Acheron is the hottest fucking thing on two legs! Although, Julian is up there too.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
http://www.shelfari.com/o1518098583
You will love this series. I just finished it up to the newest one that just came out. I'm with you on that it's my fav next to the BDB. Wait till Acheron's story. That has to be the best espectially if you are into Greek myth like I am. It goes all the way back to when he was born and explains all. I agree with you on Acheron - Fucking hot.

Finished: Bad Moon Rising by S. Kenyon

Reading:Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost

Next: Going to the book store to find.
Back at ya ! It gets so intense with Acheron. Just love him - can't believe I admit it but he is my favourite even over the brothers. Let us know what you think of Nick when you get closer to the end as well ? Not saying I love him not saying I hate him !
ELDER
I also love this series! Though I haven't finished it, I'm going to very soon. I read so many of them so fast that I needed a break. :( I think my fav (so far) is Zarek!
I'm with you FS, Sherrilyn Kenyon really goes into the characters and makes you experience their lives. Which is never good.
"I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow." Bela Legosi (I love this!!)

User posted image
The ELDER Radiant Pharzuph
I absolutely loved this series as well. I read the first 15 in a row. The only thing that changed for me was when I got into dream hunters. I thought is was boring and hated it.

Oh and FS, look up K-Conn, it's around Halloween and in New Orleans which I believe is by you!

User posted image
im IN LOOOOVVVEEEEE with Achimou Aka Acheron :p
i can not WAIIIt till book 19- no mercy *claps hands and jumps up and down with joy*

ohhh wait till you get to acherons story (15) mannn i almost cried in that one!

"Bed the woman until neither of you can walk, and get her out of your system. Remember, no matter what they are or where they come from, all women have one simple birth defect. BPD. (Jaden)
BPD? (Acheron)
Bitch Personality Disorder.

http://www.shelfari.com/nessie0404
I agree with everyone, I love this series too. This is the first adult Vampire Romance that I read.
I love it too! I started reading it in random oerder but after reading Acheron (and what a read that was : painful and awful but still beautiful!) I decided to start from the beginning. I'm now in the middle of Tabitha and Valerius's story and I'm totally addicted...
Jezebel wrote
I absolutely loved this series as well. I read the first 15 in a row. The only thing that changed for me was when I got into dream hunters. I thought is was boring and hated it.

Oh and FS, look up K-Conn, it's around Halloween and in New Orleans which I believe is by you!

I agree with you Jez - but I had to read one of them because I was having withdrawals and had to be back in their world :'(
Since I stopped at the second Dream hunter I feel so lost. I need to read Nick's story and the surfer guy (can't remember his name).

User posted image
ELDER
Oh I forgot about the surfer guy (also don't remember his name) he was so funny.
"I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow." Bela Legosi (I love this!!)

User posted image
blondie_vampiress wrote
Oh I forgot about the surfer guy (also don't remember his name) he was so funny.

His name is Savitar. Awesome dude ! I hope there is a story about him because I'd say he would be as interesting as Acheron. My husband is looking forward to when he gets to read a bit about him in the series, because the idea of a floating island looking for surf is his dream life.
I remeber reading somewhere that there will be a book on Savitar, I just have no idea where I read that. It was nestled somewhere in my dark hunter obsessed days! :oops:

User posted image
Oh I hope so ! But it's such a drag waiting for more books to come. Can't the authors just do nothing else & give us heaps at a time !
lostinlust wrote
Oh I hope so ! But it's such a drag waiting for more books to come. Can't the authors just do nothing else & give us heaps at a time !

Lostinlust - I am so with you on this. I don't think authors should have a life at all. lol Come on, pump out the next one :lol:

How do you girls all read so quick ! I go to bed and think I'll read for ages and then my eyes just have to close after a while. You all must sit up till all hours in the morning to finish them off. Must be once you hit the 40s we need a nanna nap in the afternoons. :?
lostinlust wrote
How do you girls all read so quick ! I go to bed and think I'll read for ages and then my eyes just have to close after a while. You all must sit up till all hours in the morning to finish them off. Must be once you hit the 40s we need a nanna nap in the afternoons. :?

I'm 30 and I have the same problem! I get like 15-20 pages in and I can't keep my eyes open. I am really missing my free weekends when I would just sit on the couch and read. :(

User posted image
ELDER
I read about 100 pages an hour. I inhale the written word.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
lostinlust wrote

*pout, lip quiver* NO NAP! I read about 100 pages an hour and am over 40 (sad) and only need about 6 hours sleep. But then I also drink about 2 pots of coffee a day. lol

ELDER
LOL Naps Hahaha I can barely get my kids to take them. I just read whenever I can. Oh, I read when nursing the baby so that gives me a LOT of time to read.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
I wish I COULD have a nanna nap in the afternoons, that's why I can't get past 11pm most nights. With my busy life I tend to read while I'm having breakfast now! Anyone else do that or have I just become obsessed? I only work part time but when I'm home I have to look at the mess my family leaves and it puts me off relaxing. :shock:
ELDER
I'm on Ravyn and Susan's book right now and just not getting into that one as much as the other's for some reason. Maybe it's because of where my head is (my great-grandmother is dying -- she's home with hospice now) but I read Wren and Maggie's Sunday and LOVED it. I'm just not connecting with these two characters for some reason. I wanna bitchslap Nick at this point.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
I personally loved this book and after it I kept staring at my cat waiting for him to shift!

User posted image
ELDER
I love Nick! In fact he has a book coming out May 25th, called Infinity. I'm excited to read it, I think its about his life from the beginning.

User posted image
ELDER
Jezebel wrote
I personally loved this book and after it I kept staring at my cat waiting for him to shift!

Damn, maybe it's my migraine. Maybe I need to re-read it. I dunno. I'm just not "getting" it. Not connecting.

FaeStruck's Shelfari

Page: 1 2 >

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Sherrilyn Kenyon » LOVE the Dark Hunter Series *SPOILER ALERT*