Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Harry Potter?

Harry Potter?

Page: 1 2 >

Author Post
ELDER
I know that Harry Potter is not a vampire romance book, but it is kinda sci-fi, magical, etc.. I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever read these books? I've had people tell me that Harry Potter is just as "addicting" as Twilight was for them.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you have ever read them. Thanks!

User posted image
ELITE ELDER WIELDER OF WICKEDNESS
oh yes, I read them all years ago, and I love the movies, too. The books are 1000% better (as with any book-turned-movie)

I really enjoyed the Christian undertones to these books, which really becomes obvious in the last book, Deathly Hallows.

there is so much imagination and detail in JKRowling's world, it really is so much fun to read them! I highly recommend reading them.

Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.

www.shelfari.com/ilovevampires
User posted image
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
ILoveEdwardCullen wrote
I really enjoyed the Christian undertones to these books, which really becomes obvious in the last book, Deathly Hallows.

I find this hilarious! Not because of your feelings about it, but because my MIL won't let anyone talk about the movies or bring them into her house. She jumped me because I said I like them.
"Don't you know that those movies are satanic! Don't you know they are teaching our kids devil worshiping and witchcraft!"

TeeHee, If she only knew. :twisted:
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
ELDER
I watched the movies before I ever tried to read the books. I got threw the first three but once I started the fourth I realized what I was missing....the imagination. I knew what the characters looked like, the castle, the whole world basically. It completely ruined it for me. I will probably try to read them later but I'm not in a big hurry.
"I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow." Bela Legosi (I love this!!)

User posted image
My girls have read them and love them. They say the books are much better than the movies. I do agree though,about not seeing the movie first, once I've seen the movie it's not the same for my imagination. Like when I got the MP3 version of one of Christione Feehan's books, I didn't like the way they spoke, so it kind of killed the passion parts for me.
ELDER
I read them after I saw the first movie and I loved them! It are actually the first books I read in English (mother tongue is Dutch) and I really enjoyed it.. But if you're interested in those things it's definitely recommended, there is soooo much more stuff in the books then in the movies...

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/qcavaliers
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/qcavaliers

Ladies, let me put this straight.. From now on, BONES is MINE! So stay away! Or deal with the consequences! :twisted:

User posted image
ELDER
Thanks so much for the input.. I have NEVER seen any of the movies so I guess thats a good thing! I just ordered the first book off Amazon. :)

User posted image
VampKissedDreams wrote
ILoveEdwardCullen wrote

I find this hilarious! Not because of your feelings about it, but because my MIL won't let anyone talk about the movies or bring them into her house. She jumped me because I said I like them.
"Don't you know that those movies are satanic! Don't you know they are teaching our kids devil worshiping and witchcraft!"

WOW!! Really?

I have read them, and LOVE them! They are addicting...

I had a friend that was the same way as your MIL VKD!!!! INSANE!
« Last edit by Queen's Phantom Valkyrie on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 am. »
ELITE ELDER Res. Ent. Dir.
Location: Fear my wrath for I am the one annointed Twatty McBitchiness
I have read them and loved them, not as addicting as Twilight but close.

User posted image
ILEC, put em next to the ball gags and body latex.
ELDER
i loved the harry potter series, thats what got me reading again after high school.
LOVE THE VAMPIRE HUNTRESS SERIES BY LA BANKS!!!

www.shelfari.com/TatesReaper

User posted image
VampKissedDreams wrote
ILoveEdwardCullen wrote

Are you sure your MIL is not my mother? lol That is what my mom said when she learned I was reading them after my son gave me the first book. Love them. Read them all a couple of time. My mom did by Nicole's book at her book signing, but tells me she will never read it because *with pursed lips* it's not the kind of book a chistian should read. But she love's her granddaughter and wanted her book. Got to love family.

Finished: Bad Moon Rising by S. Kenyon

Reading:Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost

Next: Going to the book store to find.
VampKissedDreams wrote
ILoveEdwardCullen wrote

My MIL is not very far from yours, VKD, but she's a great lady and she keeps her mouth shut when it comes to me. But she had a strange reaction when I told her that we're trying giving up meat, turning veggy... Asked my husband if we joined some satanic group... LOL

But I loved Harry Potter and everything else that has a little magic or paranormal in it...

Up next: ???? ...

User posted image
I read the first one, but saw the movies later instead of reading the rest of books. I loved the movies, and usually I'm not into wizards and stuff (love my vamps). I can see how the books would become addicting. I do recall seeing storys about crazy Harry Potter fans and how nuts they were over the book series. I did'nt get it until I got into the Twilight books, and then I was like oh so that's how those (Harry Potter fans) feel.
I loved the books. I only read them because i was back in the UK visiting family for christmas and hadn't brought enough reading material with me. My niece had the first three so i gave them a try. I got the rest from an english book shop when I went home and just whizzed through them. I think I've read the whole series three times now.

FYI, my niece still hasn't read them.

Win a FREE copy!
digging up an old thread here, but I absolutely LOVE this quote by Alan Rickman.
I figured this would be the most logical place to post it.

http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/upload/222787512786102006_o2PHV9Xy_c.jpg

User posted image
ELDER
Love the quote QVP. I was realy sad to see the stories end.

Currently Reading:
Immortals AFter Dark!! :twisted:

Next Up:No Clue yet!!

Love the brothers!!!

User posted image
I have read them they are fab the writing is just brilliant :) I also enjoyed the movies prisoner of azkaban was my fab I think. I think they will be one of those generation things everyone will remember them even when we are 80
ELITE ELDER Queen's Lead Reviewer
I love that quote. When my friend told me about the books I didn't think they would be my thing, but once I started reading them I fell in love with them. It is sad that they are over.
+

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
I loves those books. i couldn't wait for the next one to come out. I have to say that the adaptation to cinema was really well done and I was (and am) quite the fan. I even went to London for the last movie premiere (and THAT was really really something!).

Those books are really well written and I'm in awe of the world JK Rowlings created. The names, the creatures, the characters (good or bad - I have a soft spot for the Malfoy men!). There's such a depth to her writing that I can't help but reread these books often :o
ELDER
Those are the first books I read in English... I can't even watch the movies with Dutch subtitles anymore.. That is just such a rip off! All those names that changed! Dumbledore is such an awesome name.. In Dutch they make it 'Perkamentus' ... How awful is that!!!

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/qcavaliers
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/qcavaliers

Ladies, let me put this straight.. From now on, BONES is MINE! So stay away! Or deal with the consequences! :twisted:

User posted image
And Hermione is Hermelien! Makes me laugh every time!
lol When my husband and I first started reading the series, we had no idea how to say Hermione. We both were calling her 'her-me-OWN' hee hee

User posted image
Queen's Phantom Valkyrie wrote
lol When my husband and I first started reading the series, we had no idea how to say Hermione. We both were calling her 'her-me-OWN' hee hee

Oh i hate when you get a character in a book and dont know how to say the name its soo annoying, even when u are reading in your head i find it annoying lol
ELITE ELDER Queen's Lead Reviewer
Queen's Phantom Valkyrie wrote

Her name threw me too! I got so used to saying it wrong for so long when I learned the right pronunciation, I still found myself screwing it up when I read it! :shock:

Twitter @drktwistedbliss
goodreads.com/darktwistedbliss
Facebook /darktwistedbliss

User posted image
I have the same problem. I read the first book in french so I got used to the french pronunciation. Then, we started talking with some of my friends who speak english and none of us could agree!

I still find it weird to say her name the right way :?

Page: 1 2 >

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Chit-Chat » Harry Potter?