Vampire Romance Books Forum » Reader Recommendations » The Darkness by L.A. Banks

The Darkness by L.A. Banks

Page: 1

Author Post
ELDER
Just WOW!!! L.A. Banks knocks this one out of the park, too. In this one we get to see the continuing growth of both Neterus along with a little sumpin sumpin with Yonnie, a vampire. Lilith and the Vampire Counsel bring in new members with new ideas to torment the Neteru and Guardian Teams and like Big Mike says "...I'ma gonna address that sh**..."

More religious mythology beings are introduced and meshed with perfection in the story line. L.A. Banks keeps this series going and keeps me wanting more. I HATE that I have to wait until July for the next one! The teaser at the end of The Darkness was so good!

If you havent started this series, it is phenominal. It is a blend of religious beliefs (Light vs Dark and Armageddon), cultures, and the vampires in this are bad...except a couple with a really amazing twist. There are a total of 13 books scheduled with 10 out there. The first one is Minion.

http://www.vampire-huntress.com/ L. A. Banks gives some of her references along with "between the books" to keep those of us addicted to VHL (Vampire Huntress Legends) a little more comfortable while waiting for the next book.

"I'm tired of being a princess, I want to be a Vampire!"
ELDER
KUDOS Erika.. Excellent post
I love this Author. I met her in person after she had written The Minion. She is very down to earth. A kind soul.
I have all the books from VHL but have only read the first 5. I couldn't stand the suspence between books. So I will finish reading them when the next book comes out. Since the series will be finishing up. I Heard she is starting a new series. Going WereWolf on us? Do you know anything about it?
ELDER
Thanks for the kudos. I finally finished the books to be caught up, so now the long wait!! The great thing about L. A. Banks is that she does between the books. I believe there are now 26 of them. She also has Damali's Journal and In the Mind of a Vampire...so you can busy yourself with reading those, too. Gives more depth to the characters as well as the stories.

Oh yes, Ms Banks has a great new series coming out called Crimson Moon http://www.crimsonmoonnovels.com/index.swf Bad Blood is the first book and it will be out in April. On this website you can read a chapter. Reads just as great as the VHL does.

ELDER
ERIKA:
EXCELLENT. THANKS ABOUT THE CRIMSON MOON TIP.
I knew she wrote a few short storys about VHL in a few anthologys but can i still get the between short storys from her site? I didn't realize there was about 26. Is there a list so i can check which I have and which I need?

When she first started writting VHL she was thinking about doing a Graphic Novel of the books. Laurell Hamilton and Feehan kind of borrowed the idea. Do you know if Ms Banks ever got to do it?
« Last edit by Freyjah on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:01 pm. »
ELDER
Freyjah - there are 27 between the books. They are not the same stories that are in the anthologies with other authors in print. http://www.vampire-huntress.com/betweenbooks.php is where they are located. So far I havent seen anything from her on a graphic novel. Sherrilyn Kenyon also did comics on her Dark Hunter series. Hope this helps.

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Reader Recommendations » The Darkness by L.A. Banks