Vampire Romance Books Forum » Reader Recommendations » Books similar to Anita Blake series?

Books similar to Anita Blake series?

Page: 1

Author Post
I just finished the Anita Blake series, and while the last half of the series wasn't as good as the first, I loved it! This was the first books I've read with such a strong heroine. I loved reading about a tough chick who could take care of herself. I love vampire and romance novels too, but the action in the first 9 or 10 books was what really got me hooked. I've been looking for other books with strong heroines with similar action, but haven't found anything. Can any of you recommend anything for me?

I've read the Sookie Stackhouse series, and while I loved that series too, Anita Blake really impressed me. I've also read the BDB series and I'm now reading the Midnight Breed Series. But I'm really looking for a female main character.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Anita???? *cringes* Sorry love, I don't care for that series...but there are MANY ladies here that love it! I am sure one of them will be by to help you out!!!

Have you read Night Huntress??
ELDER
Location: At my computer writing things that you only dream about
Everyone says Merry Gentry by LKH is just as good.

Reading: The Harlequin

Just Finished: Danse Macabre

Next Up : Blood Noir
User posted image
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
Merry Gentry is very good, but it's not like Anita at all. It's all about the Sidhe and Fae. Very very good series. To suggest a series we need to figure out what about the series you liked. Was it the men, the shifters, or what a bad ass Anita is. I would suggest the following....

Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series
Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series
Sunny's Monére,Children of the Moon series and Demon Princes Chronicles
Savannah Russe's Darkwing Chronicles

Those are just a few. Anita was the first paranormal romance/urban fantasy series I read and that was a LONG time ago. I've yet to read anything that really truly compares. Not saying that there aren't better series, but nothing is like the Anita series. JMHO.
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
What I really liked about the series was simply the Anita character. So I guess I'm looking for something with a bad ass, tough chick. Anything paranormal, romance is always good too. :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm definitely going to try the night huntress series.
ELDER
I second the Night Huntress, although, I think Merry is a tough chick in her own way, just differently.

FaeStruck's Shelfari
http://www.shelfari.com/o1518098583
Queeny, I thank you also for your suggestions... I've just finished Midnight Breed and need to start fresh.
And I second regarding the Anita series... hard to find something at least as good as that...
Jeez, I met so many other good vamps, lovely, strong, beautiful... but none of them is JC. I still sigh, just thinking of him.... off topic, again, sorrrryyyyyy....

Up next: ???? ...

User posted image
I agree with Merry, she's not as badass as Anita but still pretty good.
Also Jaz Parks by Jennifer Rardin. Not as good but still very enjoyable
Queen VKD, Mistress of All Who Dare Enter
Location: Analyzing the do's and don'ts of literary editorial computation!
Juli wrote
What I really liked about the series was simply the Anita character. So I guess I'm looking for something with a bad ass, tough chick. Anything paranormal, romance is always good too. :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm definitely going to try the night huntress series.

All the series I listed has a lead female that is kick ass!!! You won't be disappointed in any of them.
Steffan: Good point.
Eilian: Never, ever do that in front of me again.

My Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/vkd
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhonda.valverde

User posted image
ELDER
I'm reading Anita Blake right now! Micah is my favorite, I'm on the book based solely on him <3 He's so much less complicated than the other guys.

But I totally agree with VKD on Night Huntress and Riley Jenson. I read Riley right before Anita and they are such strong women with sexy men.

Currently Reading: The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong

Up Next: Deadly Liasions by Terry Spear; re-read Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series
Thanks again! I started the Night Huntress series and I'm liking it so far. Not as much action as the Anita books, but I'm lovin' Bones!
BONES....*THUD* LOVE ME SOME BONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Reader Recommendations » Books similar to Anita Blake series?