Vampire Romance Books Forum » Start Reading! » Feburary 2008: The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason

Feburary 2008: The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason

Page: 1 2 3 > »

Author Post
Administrator
Hang on to your hats, ladies and gents, this is one heck of a book, as good if not even better than the two previous volumes.

I've contacted Ms. Gleason and she plans to come by and discuss her books with you, so get your questions ready and get to reading!

Then let's talk about The Bleeding Dusk and the Gardella Vampire Chronicles.
Administrator
I am anxious for the discussion of this book, which is so nuanced. In fact, I briefly got into discussion at another site this week about The Bleeding Dusk and the rest of the Gardella series, regarding how deftly Ms. Gleason has managed to maintain suspense and mystery and kept us all guessing.

And, we marveled at how she was able craft two such disparate men to vie for her heroine Victoria's affections.

I'm a Sebastian fan, and I'd love to share my reasons why and to hear from other readers on who they think is the perfect fit for Victoria. I would also like to hear other thoughts on this wonderfully written series, which is not your typical romance.
Administrator
Hey everyone, how goes the reading of The Bleeding Dusk?
cant wait to read the next ones, i have only read the first in this series! :P
ELDER
I just started The Bleeding Dusk.
I enjoy Ms Gleeson's writing. Her writing comes across to me as mature.
It has a sophisticated feel to it.
I lkie it when an author uses a few words that I have to stop and look up in the dictionary. I even went to a library to check out a book on clothes of the era so I could visualize their attire.
Jenga77: book 2 Is better then book 1. A whole Lot of STUFF just happens.
Hi everyone!

I'm delighted that you voted The Bleeding Dusk as February's read. I hope that you all enjoy it.

Freyjah, thanks so much for your compliments! I'm glad you're enjoying the book.

I'm going to be popping in to answer questions (or maybe even ASK some :mrgreen:) throughout the next few weeks....so feel free to ask whatever's on your mind.

First question, and I think our dear Webmistress has already asked it, is: Which team are you on--Team Max or Team Sebastian?
Administrator
I'm on Team Sebastian, as I've said, but I do like Max also. Sebastian, however, has that Rhett Butler quality about him ... and to this day, I'm still pissed at Scarlett ... LOL.

So Sebastian gets my vote for Victoria's main squeeze :D .
;) i have just started rises the night & would have gottne the bleeding dusk but there werent any copies available. as far as who i am rooting for???? Hmmmmm. very good question. kinda likin sebastion for his passion & also likin max for his old worldly attitude....but dang it all...now we have another human n the mix...lol...at least at the pint in the series where i am...lol
jenga77 wrote
;) i have just started rises the night & would have gotten the bleeding dusk but there werent any copies available. as far as who i am rooting for???? Hmmmmm. very good question. kinda likin sebastion for his passion & also likin max for his old worldly attitude....but dang it all...now we have another human n the mix...lol...at least at the pint in the series where i am...lol
Hi Jenga77...thanks so much for picking up Rises the Night...and for looking for DUSK. I hope you'll be able to get ahold of it soon.

If you're still early on in RISES, you're right, there are other things going on. Seb and Max are only the two main guys vying for Victoria's attention. There are others. :-)
ELDER
The Gardella series by Colleen Gleason is fantastic. Her latest The Bleeding Dusk was a real page turner. I read the book in 4 days and then re-read the book again the following week.

I did post a question to Ms. Gleason as I think there was a typo in her book on page 100. So for those who haven't read it, I won't post my question as I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

If you haven't picked-up any of Ms. Gleason's books, do yourself a favor and get all 3. You will definately fall for the lead characters in the book. Sebastian is definately my new fictional boyfriend.
jenga77 wrote
jenga77 wrote
;) i have just started rises the night & would have gotten the bleeding dusk but there werent any copies available. as far as who i am rooting for???? Hmmmmm. very good question. kinda likin sebastion for his passion & also likin max for his old worldly attitude....but dang it all...now we have another human n the mix...lol...at least at the point in the series where i am...lol
i just finished rises & omg! no!!!!! i hope those that have read rises know what i mean! I am totally shocked!!! now i MUST get dusk!!!!
ELDER
Wait until you read Bleeding Dusk. OMG!!!! I read the book 3 nights in a row ~ up until 2:00am. If your stomach did flip-flops when Sebastian and Victoria hooked-up in book 2, then hold on for steamy scenes in book 3! Of course I had to re-read the book again the following week. You will find it hard to put down. If they only had her books on tape. WOW.
ELDER
Ms. Gleason I just wanted to say - GO TEAM SEBASTIAN. Although Max totally suprised me in this book; the way he teases Victoria really gets my blood boiling. Thanks for writing such a eye-candy of a character. Sebastian is definately my new fictional boyfriend. It certainly makes my husband jealous!
wow. jus finished the bleeding dusk...now i wanna know wat is gonna happen for real now. wat up with the cold sensation on bak of sebastion's neck at the end??????? i may have more ?'s later but this is all for now.....j
Administrator
The cold sensation on the back of the neck is what the Venators feel when a vampire is near. I won't say any more than that for fear of giving away an important part of the book's ending, but it certainly leaves one to wonder ... and somewhat alarmed.
ELDER
The book doesn't say what happens to Zavier. Could it be him Sebastian is feeling ?

Zavier: Is he a close relation to Victoria or was the blood compatiblity because they were both of the same tainted source ?
ELDER
My theory, Victoria's new blood that she received will help her have the advantage over Lilith and Sara. You sense that she is going to have to battle it out with both of them to probably save Max. And I don't think that Wayren will let anything happen to Victoria. I just hope in the next book Victoria ends up marrying Sebastian!
ELDER
Zavier was part of the Gardella family ~ a branch of the family, but not a close relation. I agree, I think that the blood was compatible because they were both tainted with the same blood.
ELDER
I AM ON TEAM MAX :)
I was anticipating great things from Zavier, but it seems to have fallen apart.
Sebastian is an obvious choice. He pursued his quest and conquered it. (Why buy the milk if you already have the cow). His character is charming but his loylities are cloudy.
MAX is like the Samson to Delilah.
Even in his weakened state he is still strong. MAX takes charge and does not hesitate to lead. Victoria needs someone to help lead the Venators. She can't be every where at once. MAX would have her back. Victoria would benifit greatly with MAX as her mate. Both MAX & Victoria's blood is tainted, but it only prooves to enhance their strengths and ablities. Victoria will need to help him regain what he has lost. That will make their bond stronger & emphasize Sebastian's weaknesses. The Venators need to evolve. Offspring from MAX & Victoria could bring about a new type of Venator to the fight.
GO MAX GO
ELDER
QUESTION

Wasn't there TWO copper arm bands? One on Victoria and one on GrandFather.
Why didn't the arm band disentigrate when Grandfather poofed?
How was grandfather able to wear the copper armband if copper causes harm to vamps?
ELDER
QUESTION

Are there other Venator Familys or is the Gardella Family the only blood line ?
Webmistress wrote
The cold sensation on the back of the neck is what the Venators feel when a vampire is near. I won't say any more than that for fear of giving away an important part of the book's ending, but it certainly leaves one to wonder ... and somewhat alarmed.

i understood as much about the cold sensation, i was trying to figure out who was emitting that vibe for sebastion to be feeling that cold neck. kind of makes me wonder & contemplate along with freyjah, maybe zavier got bit? I am still liking the passion b/n sebastion & victoria but there is truth to be stated about max being strong enough to survive or live with victoria as well...hurry up august...lol
ELDER
Hi Freyjah - when Sebastian killed his grandfather, the arm band was on Victoria. That is what made her drink Beauregard's blood, so it didn't poof when he died.

As far as team Max, you make a very good point. Sebastian has mixed loyalties, but now that his grandfather is dead, he might step up to the plate. Yes, Max would be a good choice for Victoria; strong, good looking, but he is not of Gardella blood, Sebastian is. I think the tie between Victoria and Max is that each is wearing each other's vis bula. I wonder if that is going to be enough to get them back together. I guess we will find out in August ~ Yikes 6 months away!

Page: 1 2 3 > »

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Start Reading! » Feburary 2008: The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason