Vampire Romance Books Forum » Charlaine Harris » Dead in the Family

Dead in the Family

Page: < 1 2 3 >

Author Post
Lets see.
There will be: Bill, Sam, Eric, Quin, Alcide (I'm not sure now, but I think he was on the list, too, at some point), we could put J.B., too, even though it was during college.
Have I missed someone?
Calvin?? and uhmm... well i think thats it. Not sure?

http://www.shelfari.com/samayra

User posted image
ELDER
Location: At my computer writing things that you only dream about
Yep I think that is it. I curious to see was Alcide is going to look like in Season 3 of True Blood.

Reading: The Harlequin

Just Finished: Danse Macabre

Next Up : Blood Noir
User posted image
ELITE ELDER WIELDER OF WICKEDNESS
me, too, NC. And I can't wait to see Quinn!

Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.

www.shelfari.com/ilovevampires
User posted image
ELDER
ooooh me either I really hoped she was going to go further with him than she did. He was hot!

User posted image
ELDER
I'm honestly a little worried on who they are going to cast as Alcide. I have such a vivid picture in my head. But I guess when season one started I didn't like Bill, Sookie, Eric, Tara...well pretty much any of them aside from Sam. But as the season went they grew on me and now I see them as the characters. Hmm well that was a lot of rambling!!! lol
"I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow." Bela Legosi (I love this!!)

User posted image
ILoveEdwardCullen wrote
me, too, NC. And I can't wait to see Quinn!

Yea.. i had like a Vin Diesel type in my head........with purple eyes ofcourse

User posted image
blondie_vampiress wrote
I'm honestly a little worried on who they are going to cast as Alcide. I have such a vivid picture in my head. But I guess when season one started I didn't like Bill, Sookie, Eric, Tara...well pretty much any of them aside from Sam. But as the season went they grew on me and now I see them as the characters. Hmm well that was a lot of rambling!!! lol

You didnt like ERIC??????? :shock: He was teh ONLY one I liked!!! Him, Tara and Lafayette!!
Lafayette was cool yes... haha. Especially the way he talked. that was funny. I think they done a good job NOT letting him die in the tvseries :)

User posted image
ELDER
Yes Lafayette was awesome I am glad they didn't kill him off last season. I liked Eric he was really close to what I pictured, Sookie not so much since in the book they talk about her being heavier than gran and having huge boobs lol. Bill I pictured a lot younger looking than in the series, but I still watch it relgiously!!

User posted image
Haha yea ncleaver, they mentioned her boobs alot in the book :p But i got used to sookie in the serie so thats how i picture her now :)

User posted image
ELDER
In my head Bill was also a lot younger not Edward young but still not as old as he is in the show. Eric to me was more buff a little shorter and just a little different. lol I can't think exactly how to describe it. But as the series went on they both grew on me. I didn't see the first episode of season until I had seen the other three episodes and I didn't find Bill attractive at all but when I saw him walk into the bar first epi. He was it for me!!! (lol if any of that made sense)
"I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow." Bela Legosi (I love this!!)

User posted image
I'm curious about the weres, too. It's going to be hard to find someone so that all of us would like. But, wait and see.
There's one thing I didn't like about the second series of True Blood. I thought they really went over the wagon with that manade thing, too long but nice.
Yes ur right lady drac...They could have put some other interesting scenes in it instead of going on about the meanad.. but over all, it was ok. Im very curious about next season.

User posted image
ELDER
I agree Lady Drac I thought it was really stupid to be honest when the meanad wasn't even close to a main character in the book. I wonder where they are going with season three since Bill obviously isn't working on the data base he was in the book. I just can't wait June seems so far away.

User posted image
June IS far ncleaver :(

User posted image
OK, ladies, I know we were very busy with Lover Mine, but any of you read Dead in the family yet?
Someone for some spoilers? Something? Anything?

Up next: ???? ...

User posted image
Finished it two days after it came out. I hate to say it but I was a little disappointed.
I'm still reading it atm...will get back to ya!!
I thought book 1 explained that Bill came to be a vampire the same way True Blood did, that he was traveling home after the war and was attacked by Lorena in her home. It's been so long since I read book one...but she explains Bills "1st death" different in this book. Am I superimposing True Blood onto the actual series? Or did she make a mistake in the new book?

I liked it OK, it wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed it. I got this and Lover Mine at the same time, so excited to read Lover Mine this weekend!!
« Last edit by Bobbie on Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 pm. »
I read it. I was not AS disappointed as I was with Dead and Gone. This book was kinda like clean up for the last one. Nothing truly interesting in it, but it fixed a bunch of the things that sucked about the last book. That's about it. I like to refer to Dead in the Family as the band-aid for Dead and Gone. I'm really hoping that the next Sookie book brings back the passion that has been missing from the last two.
ELDER
I have to agree with everyone it was pretty much a disapointment to me. ONE dead body ONE!! Not that body count makes me like or dislike a book, but it seems like the last two books have become boring straying away from the orginal idea and heat that I fell in love with. Bill and Eric were basically just background noise in the book which really dispointed me. I was so happy when the book was over and I could get back to reading LKH. I really hope that CH brings back some Bill and Eric in the next book.

User posted image
Location: Having some playtime in the centaur pen,then after that it's off to the merman tank ;)
ncleaver wrote
I have to agree with everyone it was pretty much a disapointment to me. ONE dead body ONE!! Not that body count makes me like or dislike a book, but it seems like the last two books have become boring straying away from the orginal idea and heat that I fell in love with. Bill and Eric were basically just background noise in the book which really dispointed me. I was so happy when the book was over and I could get back to reading LKH. I really hope that CH brings back some Bill and Eric in the next book.
I agree with you. I liked the book but it seemed almost boring compaired to the others. Maybe CH is setting us up for the next book. :?
I feel the same too.... It just seems to be cruising along with not much ever really happening! I mean what really happened?????? I think thats why I love series that have a character for each book (like BDB), I feel like I can have some completion and move on to the next! But in saying that, I will still buy and read the next addition!! lol
Mel so funny my husband said "You didn't like that last one either but you bought this one and I know you will buy the next book too". Which is so true.

User posted image

Page: < 1 2 3 >

Vampire Romance Books Forum » Charlaine Harris » Dead in the Family